Special topics issue: August 2017 STEAM open call
We are currently accepting articles for our special topics August issue on international STEAM education approaches in theory and practice. What is STEAM? What should STEAM do, and what is it doing already? If you would like to contribute an article on your STEAM class, workshop, study, or otherwise, email your submission by June 15th to be considered.
Submission deadline: June 15th, 2017
- We accept new and previously published/adapted articles (with due permission)
- Articles cannot exceed 2,250 word count
- Images/figures/videos are encouraged. 72-300dpi, minimum 1000 pixels in smallest direction preferred. JPEG or PNG only.
- Footnotes can be accommodated but are not preferred
- Writing style is flexible but we err on the side of casual-intellectual
- The format and topic of the submission is up to you - articles can be a narrative synopsis of your work/research, a deep technical delve into your experience/data, a survey of your area of study, or the like. We encourage you to write about your work in the format that suits it best.
- The content, broadly speaking, is STEAM learning and education. Specifically, this could look like an account of a STEAM class you taught, a STEAM teaching method you've devised, a sample STEAM syllabus, a study conducted about STEAM approaches, a synopsis of STEAM worldwide, a discussion article about the state of STEAM, etc. We're open to all sorts of content under the STEAM umbrella!
- We accept international submissions but all submissions must be in English
- We reserve the right to edit accepted articles, but will not publish without author approval
- All accepted contributors will receive a free lifetime digital subscription
Questions? Email Julia Buntaine at email@example.com
We are currently accepting rolling submissions of all categories (artist, laboratory, articles, etc)
to be featured in an upcoming issue.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with "Submission" in the subject line.
We are currently accepting rolling applications for contributing writers.
Email email@example.com with your cover letter, CV, and "Opportunity" in the subject line.